2 x chicken fillets cut into thin strips
1 x chopped red chilli
1 or 2 garlic cloves chopped or 1/2 tap of garlic granules
4 x chopped spring onions/scallions
2 x tbsp corn flour or normal flour
1 x tsp of salt
1 x tsp of pepper
1 x tsp of Chinese five spice powder
2 x tbsp of soy sauce
1. Spray chicken with fry light.
2. Place chicken in a small plastic bag with flour, salt, pepper and five spice.
3. Tie bag and shake around until chicken is coated with flour and spices.
4. Heat up some fry light in a pan and fry off the chicken until browned.
5. Put chicken to the side and fry spring onions, chilli and garlic in the pan.
6. Add chicken back in and mix around.
7. Add soy sauce and fry for a min
8. Serve and enjoy 🙂
I love love love enchiladas and always used to buy the old el paso recipe kit but when I started trying to eat healthier I decided to try and make my own enchilada sauce and I have to say it is a million times better than old el paso 😀 For this recipe I use the mexican seasoning which I have given the recipe for in a previous blog post so make this first.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 tbsp of mexican seasoning
- mozzarella cheese
- 2 x chicken fillets cut into chunks
- 2 x Wholemeal wraps
- 350 g passata
- 3 tbsp of tomato puree
- 100ml hot water
- In a bowl mix passata, tomato puree, mexican seasoning and water to make enchilada sauce. Add water carefully so that mixture is not too watery.
- In a pan/wok fry your chicken in Frylight until cooked.
- Add about 3/4 of the enchilada sauce to chicken and a big handful of cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
- On an oven tray have your wraps open and spread with chicken mixture.
- Fold over wraps and close over.
- Spread the rest of the enchilada sauce mixture over the top of the wraps and sprinkle with some more cheese.
- Put in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 10 mins or until cheese has melted and wrap has started to brown.
If like me, you are addicted to savoury foods then this is the snack for you!! I
would advise always having a few tins of chickpeas in your press as its just too easy to reach for a bag of crisps haha 🙂 these are so yummy and guilt free and also 1 of your 5 a day! Even better!! Add whatever spices you like 🙂
Tin of chickpeas drained.
Mild chilli powder
(Or any seasoning you like)
1. Put the drained chickpeas in a bowl
2. Spray with fry light.
3. Season well with cumin, chilli powder and garlic salt.
4. Pour onto a baking tray.
5. Roast in a preheated oven at about 170/180 degrees Celsius for about 30 mins.
6. Watch them so that they don’t burn but they should be browned and crispy when cooked.
Love Caoimhe x
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice
1/3 cup ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg or mace
1.5 tsps ground cloves
1.5 tsps ground allspice
Ingredients for pumpkin spice syrup (makes 4-5 tsps)
1 cup stevia
1 cup water
1.5 tsps of pumpkin spice
Ingredients for coffee.
Coffee made how you like it.
1 tsp of pumpkin spice syrup
Spray cream (optional)
Pumpkin spice or cinnamon to garnish.
1. Mix all spices together to make pumpkin spice and store in an air tight container.
2. Put stevia, water and 1.5 tsps of pumpkin spice in pot and bring to boil then lower and simmer and reduce for about 20 mins.
3. Pour into container and it should be a sticky consistency.
4. Make coffee how you like it and put 1 tsp of syrup into coffee.
5. Top with whipped cream and some pumpkin spice.
6. The recipe for syrup can be doubled or tripled to make more syrup but I recommend making a small amount first to make sure it turns out OK.
Love Caoimhe x
Filed under Dessert, Drinks
This seasoning tastes amazing and is so much nicer and healthier than any of the store bought seasoning packets.
I use this seasoning when making tacos and enchiladas and about 3 tbsp is about the same as a store bought packet.
This seasoning keeps really well. I keep mine in a small jar.
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Simply mix all ingredients and store in air tight container.
Love Caoimhe x
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 chicken fillets
2 healthy grain buns
4 medium rooster potatoes
Lighter than light mayo
How to make it.
1. Turn on oven to about 170 degrees.
2. Marinade fillets using cajun seasoning, steakhouse pepper and Tabasco or whatever seasoning you like.
3. Chop potatoes into chips,spray with frylight and season well with garlic salt and Rosemary.
4. Put in oven for 20-25 mins or until crispy.
5. Fry chicken in frylight for about 10 mins until cooked and slightly charred looking.
6. Mix 2 tbsp of mayo with a tsp of Cajun mayo or more if u like and about 1/2 a tsp of garlic salt.
7. Toast bun and spread with Cajun mayo.
8. Serve on bun with onions and lettuce and some cheese if you like
9. Serve with chips and whatever veg you like.
Love Caoimhe x
Autumn is really in full swing now and this gorgeous Apple and Blackberry tart just tastes like autumn 😀 It’s so yummy!! To make this sugar free all the sugar can be replaced with stevia.
4 medium apples
Small pack of blackberries.
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 sheet Jus-Rol Puff Pastry
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Stevia/ Any sweetener
1 Tsp Flour
½ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp of ginger
- Cut apples into slices and sprinkle lemon juice over them.
- Mix 1 tbsp of sugar with 1 tsp of flour.
- In a separate container mix 1 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsps of stevia, ½ a tsp of cinnamon, 1/8 tsp of nutmeg, 1/8 tsp of mixed spice and 1/8 tsp of ginger.
- Place rectangle of puff pastry on baking tray and sprinkle flour mixture over it.
- Add apples and blackberries (or any seasonal fruit) leaving some space around the edges.
- Sprinkle spice and sugar mixture over fruit and pastry.
- Cook in preheated oven at 180 degrees or 160 degrees for fan oven for about 20 mins or until pastry has browned and fruit is soft.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
This tart is sooo yummmy 😀 Its fab with just apple too!
Lemme know what you think 🙂
Filed under Dessert, Recipes